The Blue Connector provides a window into the powerful eXplorance Blue Learning Management System allowing users to view and complete their surveys and questionnaires.
Blue Connector Installation Instructions:
- Log in to Blue as an administrator.
- Navigate to the Administration Console by clicking on the Admin menu.
- Navigate to the Configuration - Email Settings page.
- Find and copy the Blue URL on the Email Settings page to the Blue URL field in this form. Make sure that the URL ends with a “/” (add one if necessary).
- Return to Blue and navigate to the Connection - Web Services page.
- In the Dashboard section of the Web Services page, find and copy the URL to the Blue Web Services field in this form.
- Return to Blue and navigate to the Connection - API Key page and click Generate API Key.
- In the form that appears, enter Blue Connector as the Application Name and then click Generate.
- Copy the API Key that appears and Close the form.
- Paste the API Key into the Blue Connector API Key field in this form.
Add to Canvas
- Log in to Canvas as an administrator and select the Managed account from the Courses menu where you would like to install Blue Connector.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Within Settings, navigate to Apps.
- Click View App Configurations.
- Click Add App to open the Add App form.
- Select By URL as the Configuration Type.
- Provide a name so that students can recognize the app.
- Enter “eXplorance” as the Consumer
- Enter “eXplorance” as the Shared Secret.
- Copy the Configuration URL from this form and paste it into the Config URL field in Canvas.
- Click Submit to add the Blue Connector app to Canvas.