Badgr United StatesRequires Consumer Key and Secret (click here to generate)
Badgr integrates with Canvas courses and accounts to award portable digital badges to students as they complete course modules. Open Badges may be awarded for any achievement. Badges can recognize diverse achievements, going beyond the simple metrics found in degrees and transcripts to provide a rich picture of a student’s learning journey.
Badgr Servers Are Available Worldwide!
– Automatically awards badges as students complete course modules.
– Displays course progress to students and instructors.
– Works inside Canvas to create badges and set up badge awarding.
– Adds an element of gamification to courses with an optional privacy-protecting student leaderboard.
– Exports CSV files of badge earning data.
– Provides the ability for students to see all badges they’ve earned in all their Canvas courses.
– Allows badge earners to download badges and share to social media from within a course.
Badgr Subscription Upgrades
Activate powerful new features with a paid Badgr Pro for Canvas account! Institutions of all sizes can use Badgr Pro to understand and report on course metrics and student learning achievements across the courses in their Canvas accounts. Give greater badging control to Canvas admins across courses or sub-accounts. Learn about Badgr Pro for Canvas and compare Badgr Pro for Canvas with Badgr for Canvas.
Give your students a roadmap to success with Badgr Pathways. Map learning journeys such as a certificate or degree program or professional development along an easy-to-follow pathway that tracks learning using Open Badges. Add the free Badgr Pathways LTI to courses to motivate students and keep them on track.
We aim to make Badgr not only the easiest-to-use badging platform but also one of the most affordable for your Canvas platform.
– Badgr for Canvas: Free.
– Badgr Pro for Canvas: Tiered pricing is available based on the number of users. Email email@example.com for more information.
– Badgr Pathways: Tiered pricing is available based on the number of users. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The user installing the Badgr for Canvas must have a free Badgr account on one of our servers. Choose the one closest to you for best results.
- Badgr US: badgr.io
- Badgr Australia: au.badgr.io
- Badgr Canada: ca.badgr.io
- Badgr Europe: eu.badgr.io
Add the App to a Course or Account:
1) As a Canvas Instructor or Admin, sign up for a Badgr account on one of our Badgr servers.
2) Obtain your LTI credentials from the Canvas Integration Settings in your Badgr account. Account -> App Integrations -> Canvas LTI
3) Use the EduAppCenter within Canvas to add the Badgr app using the consumer key and shared secret obtained from your Badgr account. Note: You may also add the Badgr App using the By URL or XML method. Be sure to use the URL associated with your server location.
4) Ensure all modules to be associated with badges have been published and completion requirements have been set.
5) Sign in as a teacher to a course where you have added Badgr. Select the Badges tab in the course navigation sidebar.
6) Define an issuer profile and badges for your course. Assign badges to each module as desired. Note: Badges may be created in Canvas, or they may be defined within Badgr itself.
7) Trigger badge awards as students complete modules.
Follow this checklist for adding Badgr to Canvas courses or visit the Badgr Knowledge Base.
Contact email@example.com with questions.