BadgrRequires Consumer Key and Secret (click here to generate)
Badgr integrates with Canvas courses and accounts to award portable digital badges to students as they complete course modules. Open Badges may be awarded for any achievement. Badges can recognize diverse achievements, going beyond the simple metrics found in degrees and transcripts to provide a rich picture of a student’s learning journey.
- Automatic badge awarding and tracking as students complete course modules
- Course progress display for instructors and students
- In-app graphic editor for creating badges, or upload your own
- Add an element of gamification to courses with an optional privacy-protecting student leaderboard
- CSV export of badge earning data
- Student user profile: see all badges you’ve earned across all your Canvas courses
Upgrade to Badgr Pro - tools for understanding student achievements across the institution
Activate powerful new features with a paid Badgr Pro account! Institutions of all sizes can use Badgr Pro to deeply understand and report on course metrics and student learning achievements across the courses in their Canvas account.
- Get a window into the skills that are being recognized in your institution and how many students are learning them.
- Get an overview of the courses awarding the most badges and drill deep into each course’s award data to see how different teachers are using badges. Compare effectiveness of different course approaches to recognizing the same skills.
- See how students are sharing their badges on social media
- Priority support for Badgr Pro accounts
We aim to make Badgr not only the easiest badging platform to use, but also one of the most affordable additions you can make to your Canvas platform. It is entirely free for users who don’t opt for Badgr Pro.
Badgr Basic: Free.
Badgr Pro: $1,000 plus $0.25 per student per year
For a limited time, join the Badgr Pro beta Program: Contact us by May 1, 2017 to get access to Badgr Pro for 6 months at no cost or obligation. If you choose to continue with the Badgr Pro upgrade, we’ll set up a quarterly or annual plan at our regular low prices.
See more details: Badgr for Canvas Pricing.
- The user installing the app must have a free Badgr account.
- Concentric Sky must authorize your Canvas server to connect to Badgr before you may add this app. See: “How do I request to use Badgr on my Canvas Server?” and email firstname.lastname@example.org when you’re ready to request authorization to connect.
Once your Canvas instance is connected to Badgr, add the app to a course or account:
- Instructor or Admin: sign up for a Badgr account on badgr.io
- Verify your server is connected to Badgr in the Canvas Integration Settings and obtain your LTI credentials.
- Within Canvas, navigate to the settings for the course or account where you want to use
- From the Apps tab, add a new LTI integration.
- Configure by URL. Enter the configuration URL, consumer key and secret from Badgr’s Canvas Integration Settings
- Ensure all modules to be associated with badges have been published and completion requirements have been set.
- Logged in as a teacher in a course where you have added Badgr, select the Badges tab in the course navigation sidebar.
- Define an issuer profile for your course, and assign individual badges to each module desired. Badges may be created here in Canvas, or they may be defined within Badgr itself.
- Now, students will automatically be awarded badges as they complete associated modules. Instructors may follow their progress from within the Course Progress view in the Badges tab of the course navigation. Students may follow their progress from a badges tab in their own Canvas accounts.