LockDown Browser® is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment within the LMS. When students use LockDown Browser they are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. When an assessment is started, students are locked into it until they submit it for grading. Available for Windows, Mac and iOS.
- Integrates with Blackboard Learn, Brightspace, Canvas, Moodle, Schoology, ANGEL, and Sakai
- * Assessments are displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized
- * Task switching or access to other applications is prevented
- * Print, Print Screen and capturing functions are disabled
- * Copying and pasting anything to and from an assessment is prohibited
- * Assessments cannot be exited until submitted by users for grading
- * Screen capture, messaging, screen-sharing, virtual machine, and network monitoring applications are blocked from running
- * Right-click menu options and function keys are disabled
- * Browser menu and toolbar options are disabled, except for Back, Forward, Refresh and Stop
- * Source code for the HTML page cannot be viewed
- * The browser automatically starts at the login page for the institution’s learning management system
- * URLs cannot be typed by the user
- * External links don’t compromise the locked testing environment
- * Pages from the assessment are not stored on the computer after exiting
- * Assessments that are set up for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with other browsers
- * Localized for multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese
Contact email@example.com to learn more and to request a free 2-month trial.
Installation and configuration details for LockDown Browser administrators are accessible via logging in to the Administrator Area of www.respondus.com.