GivePulseRequires Consumer Key and Secret (click here to generate)
Leverage GivePulse to facilitate all service-learning and community engagement activity from your course page. Integrating this LTI with your course allows you to embed opportunities and the community engagement experience on GivePulse into assignments for students to explore. Students can then easily track their outputs for community service learning (such as hours and reflections) and respond to your assessment questions within the course or assignment. Faculty and teachers are then able to access the course summary report for their class engagement.
Sign up to integrate GivePulse LTI with your Learning Management System here!
The GivePulse integration provides the following interoperability to promote service-learning, engaged scholarship, community engagement, volunteering and assessment:
- 1) Use Single Sign-On to login with your LMS and remain logged in on GivePulse
- 2) Faculty (and teachers) can choose from multiple outcomes (hours, reflections, etc.) for students to track in each course or assignment
- 3) Faculty (and teachers) can display opportunities on GivePulse inside the course; students can then register to these opportunities from within the course page
- 4) Faculty (and teachers) can access the GivePulse course dashboard to pull reports and summaries
- 5) Students are able to view all relevant information related to the service-learning activities on the LMS
- 6) Students are able to register to community approved opportunities from the LMS
- 7) Students are able to report and track their outputs (hours, reflections)
The GivePulse LTI can be added per course or assignment, or for the whole institution. We recommend asking your institution’s IT team to activate the GivePulse app as a default rather than requiring that you find and add the app individually.
To ensure that the application is added successfully, the consumer secret and key will need to be generated on GivePulse and passed to your Learning Management System. You can also use the XML URL found in this listing.
Doing this will automatically create the option to add service-learning opportunities, outputs, and reflection components to each course, accessible to the faculty, teachers, student and community partner.