The Canvas and Microsoft Office 365 integration has seven main points of interoperability to promote great teaching and learning:
• Students can submit Office 365 files directly to Canvas Assignments
• Teachers can access Office 365 documents through SpeedGrader to add feedback
• Link Office 365 documents anywhere you use the Rich Content Editor
• Include Office 365 documents in your Modules
• Create Collaborations for course groups, student groups, and on-demand groups using Office documents
• Create and grade assignments in your Microsoft OneNote Class Notebook, then push those grades to Canvas (Integration developed by Microsoft)
• Sign in to Canvas with your Office 365 login using single sign-on (Previously released functionality)
For detailed information on the O365+Canvas integration, please go here.
If you are a Canvas school located in the Americas your Canvas Administrator can generate their own key/secret to install the tool here. You can also use the XML url found in this listing. (https://office365-iad-prod.instructure.com/config.xml)
For Canvas schools serviced in other regions worldwide please contact your Canvas Customer Success Manager (CSM) for a region specific key/secret and configuration XML url.