If you use the Canvas Google Apps LTI tool, consider installing Google Assignments LTI, a free tool developed by Google that helps instructors grade more efficiently and give students richer feedback on their assignments. Google Assignments includes all the features of the Google Apps LTI tool, except for Canvas Collaborations. Plus, you can:
- • Attach Google Drive files to an assignment. Google Assignments then provides students with individual copies of each attachment.
- • Embed Drive files with the rich text editor.
- • Add Drive files to Canvas Modules.
- • Accept Drive files from students for Canvas assignments.
Sign up to integrate Google Assignments LTI with Canvas here!
This Google App integration, created by Instructure, has five main points of interoperability that promote great teaching and learning:
- 1) Single sign-on: use your Canvas login to sign into Google (in process)
- 2) Google Drive embedding and linking: easily embed documents from your Google Drive anywhere you use the Rich Content Editor
- 3) Google Docs as Assignments:
- • Students can submit Google Docs as Assignments
- • Teachers can use a Google Doc to give an Assignment, and send a copy of that document to each assigned student
- • Teachers can grade submitted student assignments in Speedgrader by editing or annotating the Google Doc
If you are a Canvas school located in the Americas your Canvas Administrator can generate their own key/secret to install the tool here. You can also use the XML url found in this listing.
For Canvas schools serviced in other regions worldwide please contact your Canvas Customer Success Manager (CSM) for a region specific key/secret and configuration XML url.